Friday, May 13, 2005

Be careful what you wish for...

...because you might just get it!

It is amazing how people often agree to compromise in a fit of desperation only to regret it later on. Same old story happening to people like me every day.

Case in point. A couple of months ago, I realised I was up against a very tight deadline for an important assignment. I was silly enough to grab the opportunity to pursue a Masters Degree in Exeter University! However, when coupled with juggling home life and a demanding job the situation can get pretty challenging.

Anyway, going back to the assignment…well, I only had a week to read five books and write a 5,000 word dissertation. I finished the assignment on time and I was relieved when I turned it in. I remembered saying, “I am only asking for a pass!”

Well, yesterday I received my marks and feedback of my tutors and the good news is I got my wish. The bad news is I missed a merit grade by a measly one percentage point!!!!

Next time I need to try harder.

No comments: