Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Some trepidation

I had a really bad dream last night. I woke up totally confused and I thought the dream was for real! It was a tragic event and I had to convince myself that the dream did not happen. It spooked me.
I mentioned my nightmare to my colleagues at work and they said I am in a lot of stress, what with having to sell the house and all, then having to postpone my trip to Manila. My father in law is also due for a major heart operation in a weeks’ time. It could be a touch and go affair.
Then of course there’s the whole shebang about moving house. Moving house is not a pleasant experience and because I’ve done it so many times before and I am aware of the stress involved, I view the move in July with trepidation. I need to get a lot of things sorted out before the actual move. I plan to hire a skip and just dump all the rubbish there. In a way I do like the occasional clearing out. I heard it’s good feng shui.
I am also a bit nervy about August because that’s when my new responsibilities at work kick in. I need to submit a proposal on how to provide a good reception and enquiries service. I also need to invest a lot of time in building a new team. And guess where I’m going to be in the first week of August? In Manila! It is going to be a very interesting six months.

No comments: