Friday, May 20, 2005

Good news, bad news

Some good news and some bad news. The good news is we've had an offer on our house and I was given a good pay rise all at the same day. The bad news is I will have to postpone my trip to Manila for a week or so. I am trying to cancel my e-ticket and get new dates...probably for the third week of July.
I need to postpone my trip for the simple reason that I am moving house!!!!! Hubby's not keen to let me go until I organise the new house.
It's going to be a very tiring summer. My father in law is having his heart bypass in the first week of June, we are exchanging contracts and completing sale of the houses by the first week of July followed by moving houses. I am in charge of getting the removal people in and packing our belongings. Then after a week or so I am going to Manila then in early September I will be on Holidays in the South of France. I am exhausted just thinking of it.
I am also given new responsibilities at work--reason for the pay rise--which means new staff members and the pressure to go with it.
I need to take another Master’s module in October.
My question is, why can't things just be simple? There's always a hitch somewhere. However, I cannot complain. I am quite fortunate.

No comments: