Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Back to normal

I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. I’ve changed my details with several companies. I never realised how many companies hold my personal details! The removal people collected the last of the empty boxes yesterday and things are looking quite normal at home except for one bedroom. Unfortunately, the base of one of our beds didn’t fit through the stairway so we had to get rid of it. Now we have to buy a bedstead for the room. I also need to get myself a new dishwasher. Money is draining away like water from our pockets at the moment. There are still a lot of projects I would like to do on the property. Like the garden for instance. I miss my lavender plant and ferns. Oh well, I will need to work on that later. Autumn is just around the corner so there’s no point in doing much. I have to get rid of the snails though. We have a snail colony in our back garden. However, I am also aware that birds eat them. That’s a dilemma for me. What to do…what to do?
I found that work isn’t that all important in my life anymore. This is just a means to an end. The country life hubby and I have is simply fantastic! It’s the quality that matters. Career no longer holds a strong allure. Maybe I have matured

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello norrie!
i got to your site thru TOM Dooley. this is really nice! are you enjoying your new house? it has been a while since we last chat, miss you lots!