Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Off to the country!

I am a happy chappie. Why wouldn’t I? I survived the hassle and stress of moving house. Last week was absolute hell! At one point I thought I’d collapse from exhaustion. Manual handling is one thing but stress and fatigue is another. Anyway, hubby and I (plus Sam) are now the new residents of a country dwelling in Musbury near Axminster, Devon located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The views from my front room are spectacular. All I could see are distant rolling hills and valleys...and from the kitchen? Well, the house backs onto open fields and woods. Absolutely exquisite countryside. I watch the cows make their way back to the farm every night--“until the cows come home”-ha ha!
The downside is I am farther away from work, exactly 11 miles more than Honiton. That equates to an additional 15-20 minutes to my journey each way. I also have to navigate winding country roads. My driving is improving no end! I need to familiarise myself to the roads before the onset of winter when it gets dark earlier and the roads can get icy--brrr--makes me shiver just thinking of it.
Yes, life is good.

No comments: