Thursday, August 11, 2005

Driving me crazy

I consider driving a chore. The only time it becomes a pleasure is when I am on the open road--alone! I particularly hate “tailgaters”. This sense of claustrophobia heightened since my accident a couple of years ago when a lorry rammed the backside of my car!
I am sure I will get used to the 45-50 minute drive to and from work everyday. I didn’t realise the impact of an additional 10 miles to my journey until yesterday when I was held up by a hay lorry on the A35. Overtake the damn thing I hear you say? Well, unlike the A30, which is a dual carriageway, the A35 is a two-way traffic. It is not a straight road either so overtaking a huge lorry is not for the fainthearted. I thought an additional 5 to 10 minutes will not make a huge difference to my day. I arrived home shattered nursing a dull headache.
Yesterday was not exactly a relaxing day at work. I didn’t even feel like eating my dinner! However, that didn’t stop me from cleaning my front room windows. I am a bit obsessive about windows. I like looking at squeaky clean windows. With the views we have, there's more reason to have them sparkling clean! Judging from the state of the windows, the previous owners were a bit slack in that area.
I think this weekend will be devoted to cleaning and final unpacking of books in the attic. The house is really fab and we are very happy with it and the surroundings. The downside is we do not want to go anywhere!

No comments: