Friday, October 06, 2006

A good day

There are days when things can’t get any worse and you just wish the day away. However, there are days when everything just happens according to plan – your plan that is! I had that sort of day on Tuesday and I promised myself I was going to write about it lest I forget that I do have good days too.

Well, I did have an awful Monday at work but quite educational. I needed the experience anyway to improve on our services. I came home quite unsettled. Poor Peter had to put up with my less than amiable self before dinner.

Tuesday started out just like any normal day. Came in at 7.30am as per usual and then things just started to unfold like a good day should. I met with people about building projects, bonded well with my staff and basically came up with good, feasible ideas. Oh also the builders finally showed up to install the mini kitchen at work. I’ve been nagging them all summer long. It was worth the wait though. It looks really good and staff are happy. I also booked the venue for the Christmas Party. My budget is taking a beating! But I do like organising events like this. I felt like organising a mini wedding… “could we have round tables please? Oh yes I prefer comfy sofas on the side…what kind of décor are we having? Flower arrangement?...etc” The menu looks scrumptious as well. Actually I love the building. It is a Grade II listed building and one can be forgiven to imagine what it felt living there at one time. It is also located inside the campus right smack in the middle of mature trees and garden. Parking wouldn’t be a problem, hehe.

Anyway, I came home feeling like I’ve had a productive day. Yesterday wasn’t so hot but it wasn’t too bad either. One thing I learned about this job, you can’t please everyone so now I do not even bother—I just get on with the work and blank out negative people.

I made a very good spaghetti Bolognese last night if I say so myself. In fact I do not order spaghetti Bolognese even in Italian restaurants because I might get disappointed. I put in lots of garlic, basil, tomato sauce, parsley, onions, red wine and Worcestershire sauce with the minced beef. Yum! Peter said he didn’t want a lot on his plate because he had a late lunch and I told him to eat what he could and leave the rest. Well, his plate was wiped clean!!! And so was mine for that matter. Shortly after dinner we went up the attic and watched Autumn Watch on the BBC. I hardly watch the telly but I do make exceptions on nature and gardening programmes on the BBC. I also got hooked on this show Anatomy of a Crime, which came right after AW. I’m a sucker for police detective/forensics/murder investigation stories. Anatomy was a real life feature on how the old crime investigation unit in the police tracked down a rapist. The crime happened over 10 years ago but due to latest DNA technology they managed to put the man in jail. Guess who he raped? A streetwalker! Justice prevails! Amazing really.

No comments: