Saturday, December 02, 2006

Earth wind and rain

Mostly wind anyway!
I am not supposed to be sitting here writing this blog. No I am supposed to be reading my notes and books to prepare for my first assignment due in two weeks' time. At least I did some revising yesterday and wrote a problem for my paper. The second paper is due in February. I need to get that out of the way before the Spring term goes in full swing.
The course was intensive all right. I mean we were sat there from 9am-5pm listening to lectures. We had about one hour in total for breaks--coffee and lunch. On Friday afternoon I couldn't wait to get out of the building. Weather wise it's not good. We've been experiencing gales. In fact last night I had I hard time sleeping. The winds were so strong (between 70mph-100mph) that electricity was cut off a couple of times. My neighbour's car alarm also went off at 3:30am. The car was rocked so hard I guess--and it was a BMW! What's so scary were the awful sounds. Peter and I thought we would wake up to a scene of mass destruction but actually there was hardly anything at all. The old trees were still standing. The only thing that was blown off by the wind was the barbeque cover. Otherwise everything was in its proper place.
What's concerning me most are my spring bulbs. Compared to last year the weather is still mild. I mean last year we had a heavy dump of snow in late November. So far we only had rain and wind and some sunshine. My bulbs are already sprouting! Heck I do not want them for Christmas I want them in February when the chill knocks everything out from you. I guess I'll be seeing some daffodils soon by the looks of it. Even the bulbs are confused now.
I do miss gardening even though I always come out hurting afterwards. I love watching seeds come to life and flowers blooming. I love the way my garden responds to my nurturing. It is so satisfying. Even Sam loves the garden. We could go out now because the sun's shining but the wind will blow us out to the fields! I wonder if it's possible for that to happen especially if you're flying a heavy duty kite? This is where wind mills come to their own. I wish we had one so we could generate clean power but they cost a fortune to build!!! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. The wind creates such a noise not to mention that it scares the hell out of Sam! He keeps on following me around no matter how sleepy he is.

No comments: