Sunday, December 31, 2006

Stormy New Year

Okay, so the weather's definitely gone downhill since Christmas. I mean we've been buffetted by gale force winds and rain and all we can do is sit tight. Thank goodness there is the internet. Speaking of being online, I just bought myself a new fridge freezer. Yep, as things go the fridge in the utility room has gone kaput. Well, actually it has gone half kaput. The freezer's still working but the fridge's as dead as the proverbial dodo. All this happened during Christmas and it was very difficult managing with only one fridge with all the food I've cooked so far. Good thing it was cold outside. We devised a way to keep things cool--at least the drinks though because with this rain food will just either melt or rot!
I can see my neighbour's chimney belting out woodsmoke. They are having an open fire. Gosh the thought of lounging around an open fire at this time (wind and rain outside) sounds like a terribly good idea. I am supposed to plant a couple of cuttings my father in law gave me but the weather's been so foul lately. Maybe tomorrow.
I can't believe it that in a couple of days I'll be back at work. I guess all things do end. Hmm come to think of it, all things do end even the bad ones. I hope my nephew will be able to sort out his troubles and move forward. Ahh the angst of the young and the stubborness of the old. May the new year be a good one! I do mean that.

No comments: