Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bucolic life


It is not everyday that you find sheep grazing on your backyard so I thought of taking this photo to prove that they really do on my back fence. Most people will not believe it!
Hubby and I had friends over for the day yesterday. It was really enjoyable because we started with lunch (roast chicken, cold cuts, potato salad, coleslaw, fresh green salad with rocket and numerous condiments with olive bread). It was delicious! They stayed here until after dinner. I roasted a nice piece of beef (medium rare) with nice boiled fresh vegetables. Yummy! I didn’t do bread and butter pudding because I thought that would tip the cholesterol levels up a bit. So we settled with fresh fruit salad. I had a sip of this wonderful Chilean red wine. It was quite delicious but I just cannot tolerate any form of alcohol!

Now speaking of cholesterol, I had mine tested and these figures came up—4.7 for my cholesterol. It is the total sum but it does not decipher between good and bad. Anyway I am below 5 so that’s fine. My BMI is 20 and fat percentage is 26%. I reckon I am doing well considering I am not too fastidious about my diet and especially not too keen on exercise, although I rate housework as exercise. I also think that living in this house helps me with my aerobic exercise by running up and down these ruddy stairs!
I also did a spot of gardening this morning. I started clearing some dead wood from my front garden. I could see lots of daffodils coming up. I think in a couple of weeks they will start blooming. We can now probably have a bonfire with all the wood I collected. I guess this the downside of spring. You need to give nature a helping hand in clearing up debris of the past season in order to let new life come through.Wonderful.

No comments: