Saturday, March 25, 2006

Rainy days and weekends


It has been raining for a couple of days now and today we had a pretty good drenching. This is good for the growing plants though and at least rain keeps the temperature mild instead of bitterly cold.
Sam decided to spend the day curled up on the chair. I don't blame him though. I feel like doing the same thing as well.
If we have the same weather tomorrow hubby and I will go to Exeter for a spot of retail therapy--my favourite past time. Seriously though, I want to get some nice spring/summer clothes...I sort of fancy this nice pair of shoes at Office. A bit on the pricey side but darn it I am sooo tempted! What to do, what to do?
I also want to look around for skirts. I'd like to wear a bit of colour now that the flowers are emerging from their hibernation. Any excuse for shopping! I don't know what I'll cook for dinner tonight. The weather's fine for comfort food which means casserole or something like that. Okay I decided to do a roast lamb. I can roast it early enough so it will be nice an succulent for dinner. I am quite hungry already!
This is also the kind of day where I can spend reading my various shopping catalogues and magazines. My National Geographic just arrived this morning. Something to look forward to tonight in bed! Or maybe I could just watch something on DVD-- a cartoon perhaps? I spend too much time in front of a monitor. I should try to do something else! Well I've done my household cleaning and laundry for the week. Or maybe I should just join Sammy and stay in bed or just be a couch potato for once. Very tempting indeed.

No comments: