Monday, May 01, 2006

Out in the woods


We have this wonderful woodland near our house. Well if I was fit enough (and I mean fit) I could probably hike it up there but to save time and energy Hubby, Sam and I took a five minute drive up there. These woods are magical and we love it there. Once inside the woods, sunshine hardly gets through because the trees are so close to each other. Ferns are abundant though and it looks like one of these days there will be a mass of gorgeous bluebells underneath the canopy of trees.
I love these walks. I do not even notice time go by. We’ve been trampling around for almost an hour but I hardly felt it. That’s the sort of physical activity I like.
Yesterday I recovered from the frantic pace of Saturday. My right arm and shoulder were aching and my legs too from running up and down that hill to get to the garage. I took a strong pain killer last night and this morning I felt heaps better. I feel okay now in spite of this morning’s activity.
After our walk in the woods we went to my in laws to do some chores. Well mainly Hubby did the chores as his parents aren’t up to it anymore. They’re in their mid 80s! I was so hungry by lunchtime (around 2.00pm). After lunch we did a spot of gardening—I fertilised the plants while Hubby mowed the lawn. It looks great now. No more dandelions! It’s been a good three days. Back to work tomorrow (sigh!) Never mind, there’s another long weekend by the end of this month. Can’t wait! I bet the plants would look great by then.

No comments: