Friday, June 09, 2006

Mercury rising

...and that includes my temperature! Can you ever believe my luck? I called in sick today because I felt absolutely terrible when I got up this morning. I coughed and spluttered, and my head was pounding. I thought to myself, why am I valiantly trying to go to work at this state? Surely they wouldn't miss me for a day? The problem is I hardly take sick days so when I am not at work it gets noticed immediately! Anyway, I left voicemails at work telling them to survive without me for a day and went back to bed.

I must have gone back to sleep because I woke with a start when I heard the phone ringing. It was our window cleaner and he was asking whether it was okay for him to clean the windows today. What luck that I was home! I wanted the windows cleaned for a long time. Anyway I dragged myself out of bed and soon enough they arrived with ladders and cleaning equipment. I then decided to do some housechores. That was fine for a while and even considered going to Tesco--our local supermarket but in the finish I started feeling rough again so I went back to bed only to be woken up by guess what? ...another phone call! It was Peter asking me how I was and volunteered to go food shopping instead. What a relief!

Now I do not know whether or not I'll go back to work tomorrow. Depends how I feel in the morning. It is hot outside--mid 20s celsius. The garden looks fab but I just do not have the energy to potter about. The thought alone makes my head ache.

No comments: