Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Summer's Barbecue

I had a very good weekend. I had my friends over for a barbecue on Saturday. My friend Chicoy Enerio arrived late on Friday from London. The boot of his car was laden with pinoy goodies for me. He bought me a sack of jasmine rice, various packets of sauce mixes, sukang paombong, polvoron, a huge bottle of patis, choc nut, bottles of knorr seasoning and bottles of Barrio Fiesta Bagoong! He and Peter played golf all of Saturday and returned just in time before our guests arrived at 5pm. I marinated the steaks and chops for most of the day and prepared the honey roast sausages for the barbecue. Peter is the barbecue guru and he cooked those meats perfectly. I made all the salads and dips.
We all had terrific fun drinking and eating. The weather was great as well and as you can see from our clothes we had perfect temperature as well.
Peter and Chicoy stayed up late and woke late! The following day I made pork and chicken adobo, grilled aubergine and topped this with Chicoy’s bagoong. We ate al fresco. The adobo over steaming rice was just irresistible! And eating outside next to the cornfield was sublime.
After lunch they watched the World cup in the attic—fortunately England won the match. Right after the game Chicoy headed off to London. Good thing though because it started to rain. It was such a lovely weekend spending time with good friends.

No comments: