Saturday, November 19, 2005

Frosty the iceman



I cannot believe that my last post is almost a week old now! I thought I just wrote it recently. Anyway, work this term has been short of a nightmare. I thought I was the only one under stress but it turned out that many of my colleagues are feeling the pressure too. I suppose that should be expected during times of major changes.
I also received comments from my tutor regarding my draft for my paper on Power and Influence. I am now doing revisions to the document and I really hope this time I get that one extra point for a merit. We'll see. Maybe trying to get a masters degree and holding a full time stressful job isn't a good idea. Also having to drive 45 minutes each way to work is a real hassle but I do so love this house.
Frosty the iceman has arrived. We've been having heavy frosts in the morning now. In fact my hands get really numb when I scrape off ice from my windshield and car windows. Last night I had my electric blanket on--just on low to warm my feet. We also had the open fire going in the lounge. My in laws came over for our Friday night take away dinner here. Last night was Indian curry night. The dishes were hot but extremely delish. Next Friday it will be Chinese night. Can't wait.
Today I struggled with my assignment but I think I am making headway. Tomorrow I intend to make the additions and changes electronically. I still write long hand when doing these revisions then I type them into the main document. A bit laborious but that's how I work best. Today I also baked my original recipe light orange fruit cake. It is cooling downstairs. I am experimenting on a new fruit cake. Most recipes are just too rich for my taste. This one I'm working on seems to be a winner with friends and family--yes, yes I've been doing my taste test as well. I am getting geared up for Christmas. We've ordered the turkey, testing the sausages and planning what other meats to order (ie beef topside and pork loin for roasting). One has to be organised for these things.
I suppose this facet of my personality is so out of sync with what people expect from me. I am such a homebody and some people cannot believe that especially at work. They think I do exciting things every weekend. How wrong they are! I'd rather be here in my home. I think after almost 15 years away from my real family and home, I finally found my place in the sun--at the moment it feels more like wintry sun. Brrrr.

No comments: