Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Posh dinner



I roasted a pheasant on Sunday for Peter’s dinner. It was a success judging from the clean plate after the meal. I’ve never roasted pheasant before and I didn’t realise it was dead easy. I prepared the bird by lightly marinating and seasoning it beforehand. Then I wrapped it in bacon rashers, slathered olive oil and roasted it on top of a rack. I then added water on the roasting pan, put foil on top of the chicken and roasted it in the oven for one and a half hours at 180 deg. Fifteen minutes before serving I removed the foil and the rack and rolled the bird around the pan. Sounds simple? I think so, but I also made sure the bottom of the pan didn’t dry out. I added water while it was roasting and it was a real hassle to be in front of a very hot oven during the last 15 minutes.
I also received positive comments about my original orange fruit cake. Yes! I think my idea of marinating the dates, raisins and orange peel in orange liqueur works. So that’s it for my usual Marks and Spencer fruit cakes. I am making my very own cake for Christmas.
It looks like I am just about ready to hand in my assignment. I actually wrote over 6000 words! Amazing huh? I will just check it tonight and I think I will hand it in next week. I do hope I get a merit this time, but one never knows.
I may sound a bit boring talking about the weather again. Today was not just bitterly cold but foggy as well. Tomorrow I will be driving Peter’s car because he’s going to take my car in to be fitted with a new radio/CD player. I shouldn’t worry about it but I do hate driving other people’s cars especially in the dark…foggy…and icy. Ughs!

No comments: