Friday, November 25, 2005

Let it snow or get snowed under?

It was snowing when I woke up this morning. Actually it was just beginning to snow when I set out for work--in pitch dark. The first sign of disaster was when my car slid down the driveway. Take note, of the word "slid". Then there was a flurry of snow or a blizzard. I wouldn't have minded but the roads going out of Axminster weren't properly gritted and guess what...I experienced my first bump car competition. It's a weird sensation when the tyres lose traction and the car just skate off the road. I went as far as a couple of miles then when turned towards the A35, the road (uphill) was frozen and my car just did a 360 degree turn. With blinding blizzard and skates for a car, I decided my life was worth more than a day's work. I head back home. I was getting a panic attack when I couldn't see the road markings. Everything was covered in white fluff. The scenery changed and I felt quite unsure. Not good. Then coming up our hill, the car lost traction again and I ended up hitting the pavement. Not good. I skidded my way up to the house. Gosh was I thankful to get back home!
It is still snowing heavily outside. The whole countryside is picture perfect but I know that these conditions are deadly to drivers.

No comments: