Monday, February 27, 2006

Hope in spring

It was an interesting weekend, that is if you like hearing news about an aborted coup in the Philippines. We had a chilly cold snap complete with snow showers and gale force winds but on Saturday the sun was out in force. It was still freezing when you’re out though.
I was really surprised about the Philippine President declaring a state of emergency. Crikey, it is bad enough that the country is in such a state but to compound it with something akin to a Police state is dicing with danger. I remembered I used to be politically active in Manila but now I just wish the whole country settles down and work towards a better future.
In a couple of weeks the spring term will be over. I can’t wait for the Easter break. It’s that time of year when hubby and I start clearing the garden. I can almost see the plants wake from their deep winter slumber. There are buds everywhere. It just goes to show that no matter how hard the winter nature survives. Spring gives me hope that I too will survive whatever life dishes out to me.

No comments: