Sunday, February 19, 2006

House guests


My friend Lenna and her son CJ came for a visit over the weekend. I last saw Lenna about 27 years ago but when I saw her at Axminster station I instantly recognised her. She brought me a lot of Filipino goodies that she bought in Croydon. Her overnight suitcase was packed and she also had two other plastic bags filled with stuff that I can use for cooking. I was so pleased! I then proceeded to cook chicken adobo and pinakbet. They loved it--and so did I!
Yesterday we all went to Bridport and Lyme Regis. It was fun. Last night we ate at the Hare and Hounds. Lenna and I also had a bit of girlie time together. She dyed my hair (Nutrisse Macademia)just to give it a bit of colour and reshaped my eyebrows. Lenna was so good with make up I felt like a real country bumpkin! ha ha!
Anyway, they left midday today but I am sure this is the start of a lovely friendship. It is nice to know that you can restart friendships in later years.

No comments: