Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Love being cheesy

I like cheese. I know cheese is not entirely good for me but I cannot resist a nibble when I am offered a piece. If I have to pick my favourite it would be the Italian dolcelatte. But then again I love a good strong Cheddar and sometimes I even go for the red Leicester. Oh yes I shouldn’t forget Stilton! There’s brie and camembert, nice and gooey. How about ricotta with strawberry jam? Absolute heaven. Pizza will never be the same without mozzarella and most pasta dishes need parmigiano. Quite difficult isn’t it?
I am currently testing this new product I discovered in Waitrose. It is cheese curd from Devon and it does have a luxurious taste. It is a cross between Philadelphia cheese and cottage cheese. In fact I think it would good for cheese cake because it has a nice consistency. Cheese goes so well with fruits like apple, grapes or jams. I like it to accompany fruit cake and pickles also not together!
Maybe it’s that time of day when my mind start focussing on food. Now let me see what I have in my lunch box…a small knob of red Leicester, banana, one crisp apple and noodles.

No comments: