Saturday, September 11, 2004

Recovery

I cannot believe it but it took me a couple of days to get back to the swing of things...and that's just at home. My team at work called me several times already. One of them had to take some time off and the the other asked permission to come in late on Monday. It's okay though, the term hasn't started yet--thank goodness!
I am not the only one recovering from my holidays. Sam is also recovering from his stint in the "summer camp" aka kennels. He's lost his voice from barking so much. He's not used to it but since the other dogs were barking their heads off he barked as well, hence he's been sort of mute since we picked him up.
I cannot face my garden. There are so many chores I need to do but I do not have the strength to do them yet. I have to prune the roses, weed the grass, plant for some autumn colour, etc. The weather is a bit dodgy as well. I can see ominous clouds on the horizon from where I sit. They are forecasting gale force winds tomorrow. I am really worried about this global climate change. In fact, The Times headline and massive satellite picture of hurricane Ivan gave me the heebie geebies. My National Geographic magazine devoted 72 pages this month on global warming as well! Very scary prospect indeed!
I know I should be talking about my holidays but I am yet trying to piece all our activities together. The Isles of Scilly is beautiful and quite untouched by progress. It is like walking back in the 1950s England, when life was innocent. I have stacks of photos but I am having trouble getting the online software to work!
My best friend texted me early this morning---about 4am!-- and she said that she's having our property in Tali beach fenced. Wonderful! Thoughts of someday having a nice peaceful house in the Philippines keeps me going. I'd very much like to have a tropical garden one day.

No comments: