Sunday, September 26, 2004

Decoration

I had an obsessive phase these last few days. I woke up on Thursday and decided to change the colour of the master bedroom. The last time I redecorated the room I was recovering from a near burn out and it reflected on the colour that I chose--mossy green. I really wanted powder blue but people kept saying that blue was too cold and it would be awful during winter.
Well, this time I stuck to my guns and chose white with a bit of blue--very light powder blue and it looks absolutely fantastic. I also decided to paint the ensuite (adjoining toilet and shower) with the same colour. I have to say, decorating is physically demanding. My lower back, arms and thighs were protesting on Thursday night but I managed to pull through thanks to ibufrofen!
Friday was a good day. Hubby and I went shopping to a place called Taunton in Somerset, a county next to Devon. I bought leather knee high boots from Clarks, an amazing winter overcoat from Next and underwear from Marks and Spencer. It was such a treat to be able to do that once in a while.
Today I cleared some clothes from my wardrobe. My body changed in the last six years and I certainly gained weight since I quit working in London. I suppose contentment does that.
I am currently cooking a beef casserole for tonight's dinner. The days are getting shorter and the temperature is dropping so I'm back cooking comfort food.
I still surprise a lot of people on my DIY capabilities. I do all the decoration by myself because hubby absolutely hates it. I am getting quite good at it too.

No comments: