Saturday, September 18, 2004

Smelling the roses


Taking the time to smell my roses! Posted by Hello

This was taken in June this year when the roses where in full bloom. In case you're wondering, no, I am not in my gardening gear! I arrived work early one day and Hubby took this picture. I thought it was rather nice. I do love my garden. It is one physical activity that I do not object to because I love seeing the fruits of my labour. I inherited my love for plants from my mother. She was a green-fingered action woman-- always on the go. I remembered she grew these bouganvilleas in terracotta pots when I was a child. They had all the hues of the rainbow, wondeful during the summer months. She'd grow anything, anywhere and I found that a real comfort. My mother is a very special human being. I bet she has a fast track broadband to heaven!
Now I do the same thing in my own house. We have various houseplants, a front garden and a back garden to look after.
Today, hubby and I planted some ornamental grasses and bamboo for autumn. I also planted voilas for the sping. There's always something to do in the garden. Nothing stays the same. There are days when I just cannot be bothered but these are rare moments. Ultimately, I get into my gardening clothes and go out to tend my plants--I feel then that everything is right with the world.

No comments: