Saturday, October 30, 2004

1980


Graduation souvenir Posted by Hello
22 April 1980 - University of the Philippines
This was the day I graduated from university. My degree? Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications. Amazing, that's almost 25 years ago! I cannot believe how time just flew. I remembered feeling a deep sense of sadness after this. I didn't want to leave school. I was too scared to experience the real world. The years 1976-1980 were the best years of my life in the Philippines. I "discovered" myself and found my voice. I developed my own thoughts, not of my parents but mine alone.
I had every reason to fear the outside "adult" world. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. However, my education served me well. I managed to forge a career in journalism and later on communications. Those were great times in university. I forged lasting friendships.

No comments: