Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Absolutely the last entry

....before I leave town.

An Office Manager’s work is never done! I’m just about an hour away from three weeks of freedom but I still find myself in demand here at the office. I am supervising a decorator, a locksmith and electrician to get things sorted out before I leave. There’s always something I need to decide on.
I was called in the Enquiries room by my colleagues to answer a rude question. They all burst laughing when I predictably said, “I do not want to go there!” I am well known for my policy against smut at work. No rude jokes, swear words or filthy comments in my presence. Some of the people here knew I wanted to be a nun before I discovered boys.
I am almost out of here but I still have these emails to send. Will this ever stop?

No comments: