Tuesday, August 24, 2004

No-go areas

I lost my religion a while back and I have no desire to look for it.
This may shock a lot of people especially back in Manila but I am just stating the truth here.
I believe that religion causes more harm than good in humanity. It is still the cause of wars, hatred, and generally unhealthy fanaticism of many and I do not want any part of it.
I do understand that people still go to church to experience some semblance of community spirit. I just hope they do that outside the church as well. I cannot say I believe in God anymore. Not after what I’ve been through and what the world is going through. All that matters to me is I create my own peaceful world and try to be nice or civil to the people around me. That’s more I can say for a lot of religious people!
The problem I have with so-called “piety” is that these same people could be so intolerant to others. Who says one religion is better than another anyway? Why can’t people just live and let live? I do not believe in an after life. This is as good as it gets, so I’ve got to make sure I do my very best. That’s my motto: To be the best.
Politics is another no-go area. It is such a polarising topic so I also steer clear away from it. I thought someday I am going to end up as an eccentric recluse. That doesn’t really bother me. I like my own company. I do not even like answering the phone at home. To think that when I was a lot younger, the telephone was my lifeline. Now I just consider it a necessary evil (or bother). I must be growing old indeed.

No comments: