Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Before I go

I am just munching on very crisp, sweet and juicy melons. One is a watermelon and the other is a cantaloupe or Galia melon as it is called in England. No, I am not on a diet. I am just trying to quell that mid morning peckish feeling. I usually have porridge oats for breakfast mixed with dark organic Black and Green’s chocolate. When I arrive at work I have my first half cup of coffee. I am trying to wean myself away from caffeine because I’ve been having difficulty sleeping of late. I bring my own lunch, usually leftovers from the previous night’s dinner and I do not snack in between meals, except for the occasional fruit.
The downside to that is I am starving by the time I get home…and I still have to cook dinner!
If there is one thing that I desperately miss, it is authentic Filipino cooking, and sometimes, Filipino house help. I could do with another pair of hands to help me clean the house every weekend. I just feel so shattered after a hard week and to do all the house chores is a massive task for me…but it has to be done.

Tomorrow I will go to Isles of Scilly, off Land’s End in Cornwall. Hubby and I will be relaxing in the numerous private beaches scattered in the islands for two heavenly weeks! It’s funny though, I’ve seen a lot of fantastic beaches but I do not know how to swim. Yesseree bob, I know nada about freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke or even dog paddling. No matter how hard I try I simply sink to the bottom of the ocean like a lead ball. I could almost imagine those swimmers shaking their sun bleached, chlorine perfumed hair. Okay flipper feet, could you solve the mysteries of the universe? Yeah, just as I thought, neither could I so we even now.
However, I am not giving up. Maybe someday I’ll be able to summon up the courage to do a couple of strokes without half drowning myself…and that’s just in the paddling pool. Needless to say, even though my dog swims 1000% better than me that won’t stop me from buying the coolest swimwear from Marks and Spencer. I just can’t wait to wear my new tankini. I must remember to suck in my stomach when posing for the ubiquitous beach photo.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Ah...beach.
Somehow, beach images do not coincide with the weather that we're having here right now. Wings are strong and rains are scattered. I think there's a storm coming although I'm not entirely sure.
The -ber months are starting next week. I guess that means colder weather. *sigh*
At least I have something/one to keep me warm. Hehe.