Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Eurostar

3 August 2004
I am back at work after a couple of days off. My friend and old schoolmate from UP, arrived on Thursday at Honiton. I picked him up from the station. He took the Eurostar from Paris earlier that morning. He arrived in London Waterloo three hours later and caught the train to Honiton. It was a lot easier this time because we didn’t have to pick him up from the airport in Bristol which was more than an hour away.
I prepared spare rib sinigang for dinner. It was so funny because he was hovering in my kitchen the whole time savouring the aroma of the dish. He’s a good guest because he starts out by bringing some really good presents- excellent French red wines and 12 year old Irish whiskey for hubby and bottles of Maggi seasoning, Mang Tomas sauce and fine French chocolates for me.
He got along well with hubby and that helped a great deal. They stayed up late every night drinking and talking. Even Sam our dog likes him!
We took him with us to a dinner party to my colleague Jane’s house. He mixed in well there. Then we went to Glastonbury Tor and Abbey on Sunday. It was a hectic day but well worth it. We took Sam with us. Sam was still recovering from the hike yesterday!
My friend loved the conservatory and garden. He was here a couple of years ago before the conservatory and garden makeover. He thought the house was great.
Hubby took him to the station yesterday morning. I had to go back to work because I arranged office refurbishments and the decorators were coming in first thing. The summer break is the time for me to do special projects like refurbishments, archiving, maintenance etc. Never a dull moment.

No comments: