Thursday, August 19, 2004

Sleepless no more

19 August 2004

Okay, so the sun’s out at the moment but that doesn’t mean it’s going to stay out! Before I lived in England I couldn’t understand the phrase “just talk about the weather”. But now I know. The weather is important, especially in this neck of the woods because it creates the mood for the day. I have to say, I love crisp autumn/winter mornings but dark, foggy, rainy days could precipitate the dreaded “I’m doomed” syndrome. But hey, we won’t think about that now!
I feel a lot better than I did a couple of days ago. In fact I overslept a few minutes this morning and that could only be a good thing. I do not use an alarm even in winter when sunrise is way past 7.00am and I have to be up at 6.30am sharp. I have an in built alarm in my head. I recently had what I call one of my insomniac episodes and I hate it. However, last night I managed to nod off without the help of any medication. Hooray!

No comments: