Wednesday, April 05, 2006

All work and no play

Today provided some sort of relief for me. After agonising over my Excel spreadsheet with all the cross-referencing malarkey I managed to make the figures tally. It wasn’t easy at all because I had to forecast 3% increase from this year’s budget. It was so involved and somewhat complicated because I was using several documents as reference and I had to use the proper formulas. And I am not a finance person to begin with anyway! Excel is not the programme I use everyday but in the end I put together an excellent report if I say so myself.

What made my agonising even harder was we’ve been having brilliant sunshine recently…and I mean brilliant--clear blue skies and beautiful temperature. Absolutely smashing. And I am here at work toiling it out. Can you blame me for feeling a bit envious of the people on their holidays at the moment? I’d like to go out in my garden and do some planting. It is great to feel the sunshine against my skin. I am even wearing my sunnies again. I should start wearing my spring/summer clothes. A few more days and I’ll be on my Easter break. Wahey!!! No waking up at the crack of dawn. Spend time on my garden. I have new plans that I’d like to do in the garden like planting more climbers and hanging various potted annuals on the back fence. I can just see it now, the hanging gardens at Musbury!

So that is it as far as my work is concerned…I’ve finished my budget forecast, my business plan and the insurance budget for the whole organisation. I am finding it hard to concentrate now. I just want to go home.

No comments: