Sunday, April 23, 2006

Chocolate and garden


I finally managed to bake my chocolate and orange marmalade cake today. I meant to bake one for a long time now but never had any time. I mean between the gardening and spring cleaning I just didn't have enough time to do any baking.
Yesterday Hubby, Sam and I went to Bridport to check out the markets (they were excellent by the way) and then headed for West Bay. I have to say that West Bay has improved 100% since we were last there. They have added to the promenade and there are new developments too--some high end apartments facing the seafront. It was a glorious day! We had some fish and chips by the pier (yummy). The downside was we didn't have the camera with us so no photos! Ughs!

We also tried to finish most of the replanting in the back garden. The hanging baskets are out as well. I took a photo of the back garden...spring is definitely in the air because the plants are growing fast!The field behind us has been turned over and soon the farmer will plant something, what I don't know but it'll be nice to see some green soon.
Tomorrow will be the start of the summer term. Another 10 weeks of hard slog and then summer time is here!!!! I really shouldn't wish my life away like this but I just want to enjoy my house and garden.

No comments: