Sunday, April 09, 2006

Easter holidays

I am now on holidays for a week and two days. I didn’t waste any time lounging around. Yesterday I fertilised the back garden. That’s back breaking work because the chicken manure was on the clay-dough side if you know what I mean. It stuck on my gardening gloves, on the bucket and on the trowel. If it was dry as it should be then I could have easily spread it around but no, I had to do it the hard way. Anyway I am glad I did it. I also pruned dead bits off the now growing shrubs and did more weeding. Then when I went indoors I started on my spring cleaning. I was working non stop until I felt my shoulder muscles ache and only then I stopped.

Today I fertilised and weeded the front lawn. I was using a liquid lawn fertiliser/weeder. The downside is I had to apply it using the watering can. I just couldn’t avoid lifting weights but the chore had to be done. After that I watered the back garden. It has been very sunny lately and the soil looked very dry after the winter. The potted plants needed watering after fertilising. Sam and I sat down on the swing for about half an hour just relishing the views and tranquillity. Back indoors I did more spring cleaning.

I have guests coming next week. My good friend Chicoy is coming over with this family for to spend a couple of days with us. We plan to go to Bath on Thursday and then they will head to Cornwall after that. It will be a nice change for hubby and me. Tomorrow hubby and I will go to the garden centre to buy some plants (climbers and bedding plants) for the garden. I really want a more whimsical and lush garden. It is too Spartan for me at the moment although the honeysuckle looks like it will do well this year.

As I said there is no rest for me. There’s so much to do at home. It makes me wonder how other people cope! The sun is shinning outside, Sam is curled up like a ball on the chair and I feel really sleepy. I just had a pasta lunch and I just want to get some 40 winks! Zzzzzzz.

No comments: