Saturday, December 17, 2005

Beating the crowds


I finally did it! I finally succumbed to doing my groceries online. I really cannot bear to face the crowds at Tesco's especially this time of year and although hubby offered to meet me there at five o'clock today, the temptation of staying at home proved to be too hard to resist. Okay so the delivery charge was like £5.50 but considering the nearest Tesco to my house is a couple of miles away it may sound a bit much. However, the convenience (and the luxury) of not having to look for parking, no queueing, no nothing...just sitting here waiting for the delivery van to arrive. Heaven!
I can now concentrate on cleaning this house and finalising my schedule for next weekend. It is going to be a cookfest marathon for me. I have my in laws for Christmas Day and Boxing Day then we will host a housewarming party followed by an overnight sleep in of two of my colleagues at work on New Year's Eve. I have to prime myself. It's just this pesky neck and shoulder of mine. Ouch!

No comments: