Friday, December 30, 2005

Food glorious food!


I have never cooked so much in my life until now. For the housewarming party yesterday I made roast beef (medium rare), roast pork (with incredibly scrumptious crackling), glazed ham, embutido, quiches and potato/leaf salads. I also decorated the table with fresh fruits to give the presentation a bit of zing.
It was hard work doing all this cooking but it paid off because my visitors loved the house and the food! I received a lot of compliments on both. Hubby was ever so proud and so were his parents. I just wished my family and friends back in Manila were here to enjoy it too. I have to say I like my cooking too and I am definitely improving my baking skills with the success of my Christmas orange cake steeped in Grand Marnier (hehehe). Cooking with wine and alcohol is the only way I could enjoy the taste of these drinks. I am quite tired of cleaning the house too. I have had no rest since we broke up for Christmas at work. Tomorrow I will have a couple of my colleagues at work stay over—and more cooking for me!In an hour's time hubby and I will go to Peugeot to have my car MOT'd. At least I have a new set of tyres now so it should pass the blinking test!
After that we'll go to Tesco (again!) to buy a couple of things. We spent a huge sum of money on food this Christmas. That includes our Housewarming soiree. I also thought of posing in front of the table before the feast yesterday. I wanted to have a record of my cooking. I still couldn't believe I did it all by myself. In a way I feel a bit guilty with all this food around me. I could feed a small hamlet back in the Philippines with all this. However, I did manage to feed 14 hungry people (plus a dog) so I shouldn't complain. And there's plenty of leftovers too.

No comments: