Sunday, December 11, 2005

Deck the halls


Hubby and I did a spot of Christmas shopping yesterday in Axminster. We bought my mother in law a pair of dangling opal earrings. Very nice (and expensive). I bought a really nice "bolero" type shrug/shawl embellished in beads and sequins. I need something delicate to wear over my little black dress for the office Christmas party. This is the first time I am attending a Christmas party since goodness knows when. Actually I bought this lovely black angora wool bolero from Marks and Spencer on Friday but I think I will take it back because the shawl I bought yesterday was super. It looked like it has always been part of the outfit.
I am also going to wear (for the first time since goodness knows when again) my killer Italian heels. I can almost feel my poor feet aching now.
I do not think I will do any dancing. My body cannot take any physical punishment on the dance floor. Do I sound decrepit? My neck is hurting again. The housework is never done! I baked my orange cake yesterday. This time it is spiked with lots of alcohol!

We have heavy fog today--bad for driving. I hope it isn't the same tomorrow. It'll be tough in the dark. I think we really need Christmas this time to year to perk us up. We decorated the house with wreaths of holly and gold baubles. It is quite Christmassy downstairs.
I am planning for my marathon cookfest over Christmas. I will attempt to make rellenong manok or chicken galantina. I hope my local butcher could debone the chicken for me, if only to save me time. I'd like to make that for the house warming on the 28th December. I am always homesick this time of year but not as bad as when I was living in Sydney. I like Christmas over here but I still miss the brash Filipino pasko. One thing I learned abroad...I learned to cook if nothing else. Of course it would be lovely to have someone cook delicious food for you but that's not the real world. I also hate to depend on anyone for anything.

I am so tired I think I'll go to bed for a quick nap. Yawn.

No comments: