Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Dinner


Today is Boxing Day and I am posting my dinner table decor that we had for our Christmas dinner. I woke up quite early to make sure that the turkey would be ready for 2pm! Anyway, I think this year I finally cracked it--the turkey was done to perfection, the ham was fab and the veggies were terrific! Yes it was a success. My mother in law bequeath me her original dinner set given to her as part of her wedding present over 60 years ago. I thought of using them for this occasion instead of my own. She had the full set--complete with serving dishes. One day I will also bequeath these things to my favourite niece as she's interested in heritage. Whenever I come in possesion of a treasure (like this dinner setting) I feel a tiny bit sad that I do not have children-- or a daughter to pass these to. In this consumer world we live in, it is especially nice to have something that is handed down to you. This is one of those times.

Now all I have to worry about is the housewarming party. I have a lot of cooking to do! This is quite stressful!

No comments: