Monday, January 23, 2006

Back to normal

Amazing how little things can make a difference in your life. Like having all the mod cons in the house working just right! I was over the moon yesterday when I took delivery of my new washing machine. Yes, Currys deliver on Sundays but take note I ordered the machine online. Unlike my old machine that needed to be connected to the hot and cold taps, this one only needed the cold tap and it heats up the water. More economical! I did two cycles immediately and it worked like a dream. The only downside is there was a bit of a leak in the pipe connected to the drain in the sink. Hubby had to use a plumbing tape to seal it properly. We’ll see if that works in the next batch of washing.
I also received my new mobile phone--another Motorola. It gets updated every year by Vodafone. Of course I need to stay with them for another year and a half but that’s no big deal. I’ve owned a mobile phone since 1997--wow almost 10 years!

The weekend was brilliant. We had such wonderful sunshine and on Saturday the temperature was very mild indeed for the time of year. Hubby and I went to our local garden centre to get a couple of things and we found out that the January sales were still on. We picked up some bargains! I also started feeling much better. No more sore throat or chesty cough. I am so glad I stayed in bed during the week.

Today is my first day back. I hope it isn’t too stressful. However, I vowed not to stress out about things. Much as I detest people management, I just need to accept that it is part of my job.

Aside from my rather fitful night sleep, I just have the normal aches and pains now so I must be normal again. Let’s see how the week unfolds.

No comments: