Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Work mode


These photos were taken this morning and that’s me in my everyday work environment sitting in front of my PC and NOT on my desk! I spend a majority of my day in my office so I make sure it is clean and comfortable.
I got in a bit late this morning. It was almost 8am when I arrived. There was this lorry in the A35 who was doing 40mph and it was difficult to overtake due to super dark conditions and rain. By the time I hit Exeter the volume of traffic was building up. Ach! Driving can be a pain especially during dark winter mornings. Last night I was awakened by howling winds to the point that I dreamt that my neighbour’s boat crashed right outside my window. I was trying to think of a reason not to go to work in the morning. Anyway, today turned out to be a nice day with brilliant sunshine--a change from the past week!
I wasn’t feeling too good last night. I felt a bit shivery. One of my colleagues at work came in with a stinking cold and unfortunately she kept coming into my office to confer with me. I felt so rotten in the evening that I hardly had anything to eat for dinner. I just didn’t have any appetite. Two mega doses of paracetamols and went to bed early. I think it helped because I feel okay today.
It’s such a nice day outside--blue sky, sun shining and no wind to spoil the temperature. It would be great to be out walking in the countryside. Can’t wait for spring to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally got to see your workplace. Great place. You really like doing this blog thing, I can understand, for the longest time, I have been using a diary, nowadays, I do not write much. I still carry my Franklin Covery Planner, whereas everybody has a PDA. You know you are old. Keep smiling. mands