Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Jinxed!

I knew I jinxed myself the moment I wrote that I haven’t been off sick from work for a long time. Well, I’ve been off since yesterday and I am here at home nursing a sore throat and a cold. I had no hope to fight the cold because I had it coming from everyone at work…coughing and spluttering around me. I didn’t sleep a wink the other night and got up with a throat that felt like sandpaper. I just had enough so I called in sick. I figured nothing could go wrong in my absence and if something does well that’s just hard cheese! The upside is hubby is getting over his chesty cough. It’s been overcast since Sunday, which doesn’t help lift my miserable disposition but at least I am not at work. I see how I go today. If I feel better in the morning (or at dawn) I might just go back to work tomorrow. Hey at least I do not look like the humpback of Notre Dame anymore. My shoulder is not hurting as much. I’ve been applying hot compress every night hoping that it would help. Maybe it’s doing the trick. I just feel I need the rest, not think of work and just read in bed. I was asleep most of the day yesterday. Sam was with me most of the time. He’s great that way. He always keeps me company whenever I feel under the weather. What I want to avoid is getting a relapse. I’ve always been wary about respiratory ailments ever since I had a bout of pneumonia four years ago. It was almost the same time—mid winter. Actually I am not surprised because January is a stressful time at work. I have to do my staff assessments, produce reports and forecast budgets. No I shouldn’t even think about theses things. I should focus my thoughts on food. At least I haven’t lost my appetite. I just wish someone else would cook it for me. That would be grand but alas, the price of independence is you do everything on your own!

No comments: