Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ms Reliable

Things are getting to be hectic now that the spring term has begun. It is nice to hear the buzz of young people around me but unfortunately I am ensconced in my office most of the time. There are a lot of things to organise and follow up--but I like that part of my job though. If only I could organise other things in this world the same way. Do I sound like a control freak? Maybe.
I am the sort of person who wants to know the ending of a movie or book beforehand. In fact when I am in the middle of a good book I read the last few pages. I encourage my friends to tell me the ending of a movie before I watch it. I also want to know who won a pre-taped game (golf, football, etc) or who won the elections. Predictability, that’s what I like. It gives me a sense of security. I do not have to worry about the results. It’s quite funny because at work, people start to worry when I am not here before anyone else. I am hardly late for work--ever--unless I am sick (very rare occurrence) or in an accident (once) or snowed in! Not wishing to tempt fate I do not know the last time I called in sick. I park in the same slot every single day. I leave the house at 7.00am on the dot and I do not even need an alarm clock to wake me in the mornings even in winter time.
I am always punctual. This I got from my father. I only write in black ink. Now I do sound spooky!
I am almost finished with my file management at home. I have labelled new folders and chucked out the old ones. Now they all look the same and as perfect as my paper files at work. Hehehe. I guess I want everything “sorted” just in case something happens to me or I need to find something. Again this has something to do with security. I need to be assured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Norrie,
Hi from New York! I do a lot of baking and cooking these days and have learned a lot of recipes, mostly heirloom recipes. I have a good recipe for Pork Tenderloin, chicken cordon bleu, carrot cake w/ cream cheese frosting, wine cake, butterball cookies etc. Let me know if you are looking for a specific recipe. I am looking for a good rhum cake recipe. Do you happen to have one? Jennie